Friday, April 9, 2010

Forgetting to remember

This past week has a been stressful one for a variety of reasons. I've decided that weekdays consist of 5 days because that's just the amount of time we're able to handle without time off before we lose it completely and dive off the deep end into insanity. Lets just say that after this week, I'm even more excited about the weekend than usual.

Throughout every stressfull time in life though, I seem to keep forgetting to remember. To remember that worrying gets me nowhere. To remember that each problem will get resolved eventually. To remember that there are more important things to do than worry. To remember that God is bigger than all of my worries. Worrying is something that I try not to do very often, but when I do, I tend to go a little overboard. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this :) I don't like that I worry so much, and I definitely don't like the anxiety that comes along with the worrying (as it so often does.)

In the midst of my little worry-fest the other day, I did what I should have done when I first started to worry and read what the Bible says about worrying.

Psalm 46: "God is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."
How many times in life do I just allow myself to worry and fear rather than giving my fears to God and sheltering myself in Him? Am I so proud that I think my problems are bigger than a mountain falling into the sea? Even then God says not to worry. He is our refuge and strength. He is not just there when He decides it's convenient. He is ever-present.

God, help me to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails